Aug 16, 2017
Hopkinsville, KY
I thought I would post the information that Lowe’s currently has on their website regarding the chemical content of Jasco Green Muriatic Acid since it was different than other information that I found online, and I needed correct information to use my Pool Math app to lower my ph.

I’ll try to attach my photos, but here is the information in case I don’t succeed.
Jasco Green Muriatic Acid
1 gallon at Lowe’s for $8.98
Strength: 10° Baume 15.725%

I read on another thread that I could have gotten a higher percentage for less cost, but I live in a small town and this is what I could find when I needed it. 443B5CE0-2E12-4B3C-B284-45B227AC8710.jpeg4529EEFE-3153-4533-9844-BAF679B44EDA.png

That's fine. Several hardware stores carry both the 10 Baume (15%) and 20 Baume (31.45%). Some like the weaker stuff as they are more comfortable handling it. Personal choice really. Thanks for posting. Have a nice weekend. :swim:

Reactions: Learning
Hey Guys,
So I have been trying to determine the same thing so I can use my TFP calculator correctly. In my search I came across Jascos FAQ page (pic attached) and they claim it is 20% Hydrochloric acid. So probably a dumb question, but if I am using the Jasco Green MA, what should I be choosing in the TFP calculator app for my MA setting?

Attachments

• IMG_8D95CA178171-1.jpeg
    IMG_8D95CA178171-1.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 9
We do not have that level of MA in Poolmath as it is not normally used for pools. Typical MA is 31.45% or 14.5% or something near that.

You will have to do the conversion outside of Poolmath.

Reactions: mkmscr
You can. But be careful to not drop pH very low. As long as you are targeting a pH of 7.6, then you will be OK -- though I would convert the amount shown for the 14.5% by multiplying by 14.5/20 or 0.725.

Reactions: mkmscr
You can. But be careful to not drop pH very low. As long as you are targeting a pH of 7.6, then you will be OK -- though I would convert the amount shown for the 14.5% by multiplying by 14.5/20 or 0.725.
I tend to under dose anyway and retest because of past experiences going overboard. Frankly, with PH I can drop it down low and bring it back up quickly with my water features aerating the water. Right now I am trying to bring my TA from 80 to more like 60ish but I need more MA and Lowes is hit or miss with the 31.45% (20 degree° Be) MA.

Reactions: mknauss
I was recently looking through them all myself at HD and Lowes. If they had Green, Eco or Low Fume on the bottle it was half strength. The price here was the same for all of them, so you would need twice as much but for $10 a gallon it probably wouldn’t break the bank, or could be worth it to you to have the less fumes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.