Jandy VSP Calculator, if you ever wondered what rpm, pool size, pump size and runtime is right for your pool

I am not sure I agree, with a large, deep pool achieving clarity requires removing suspended "stuff" through the filter. In an ideal world one might be able to tag a cubic inch of water and track its migration through the pool, plumbing, pump and filter but its probably more likely that some parts of the pool circulate more than others, like the ocean of like a particle of air. I guess one way to check might be to drop a piece of tinsel or black dot of plastic 1/4 inch in diameter as far away from the drain as possible and see how long it takes to migrate and get sucked into the drain. I might be nerdy enough to try this but I am also certain a bird would fly by and my attention span would cease....

Also, particles that tend to stay suspended in water are most likely less than 2 microns in size so there is no point to try and filter those out since that is beyond the capability of nearly all filters. Anything larger will either float on the surface where a skimmer will capture it or sink to the pool floor where a floor cleaner will capture it. So attempting to filter suspended debris will result in a ton of run time without much benefit.

Also, particles that tend to stay suspended in water are most likely less than 2 microns in size so there is no point to try and filter those out since that is beyond the capability of nearly all filters. Anything larger will either float on the surface where a skimmer will capture it or sink to the pool floor where a floor cleaner will capture it. So attempting to filter suspended debris will result in a ton of run time without much benefit.
I wish someone told me a long time ago......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.