Jandy VSFHP270 Pump

Tortuga353

Aug 2, 2020
Auburn, AL
I had a VS speed pump installed yesterday and the pool guy set the speeds to be lowest he recommended and then it speeds up automatically when I turn on bubbler or waterfall. I turned on the cleaner this morning and the pump started whining. I was thinking huh guess that is how loud it has always been just never heard without waterfall. Walked to pumps and realized it was not the Polaris secondary pump but the Jandy VS whining. I turned on the bubbler immediately and the whining stopped because the pump sped up. How do I set it up so the pump speeds up with Cleaner, bubbler, or waterfall? Do I just have to know to turn pump up prior to turning cleaner on?

I’m fairly sharp and after some discussion with the pool guy I’d prefer I knew how to do it. They aren’t the brightest. If it requires a tech they are coming back this week.

I did check and the cleaner is set at 2750 RPM so I’d think that would be sufficient. Pump seems to have a higher pitch whine at lower rpm. Maybe this is normal. Never had a pool or VS pump. The waterfall has always drowned out the pump so just more prevalent now with it off.

Maybe some type of logic is missing and it doesn’t recognize the cleaner being on.

I am not a Jandy guy, but most VS pumps are so quiet when running at low RPMs that you almost have to touch them to make sure they are running...

Most pumps don't recognize nothing... Usually there is some type of automation system that is telling the pump to run at a particular speed depending on what functions are turned on..

Do you have an automation system? How do you turn on your bubbler, waterfall or cleaner?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmm. I guess it could be a bad bearing from the factory. Not a great start for my Jandy VS epump but the PG said he’d fix it. Although being brand new I’d rather a brand new swap so there are less likely issues down the road.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.