Gallatin, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I want to replace my 2 PVC ball valves I have for my water features with a Handy 3-port valve. I have never installed one of these valves. Can they be configured to allow the inlet port as shown to turn off (i.e. being able to rotate the valve all the way to the off position? I know I can install the inlet on another port and shut off, but, if I can install in this fashion, there is less crossover of piping and the installation will be cleaner. There is no danger of deadheading, as the water would just go to the in-pool returns. Thanks.

1594658406263.png

It would have to be modified. They are built so that the Inlet is not allowed to be turned off. There are plastic tabs that keep the unknowing from deadheading the inlet.

Thanks. Alternatively, I could also just install two of the Jandy 2-port valves. I will probably just wait until these eventually break.

It would have to be modified. They are built so that the Inlet is not allowed to be turned off. There are plastic tabs that keep the unknowing from deadheading the inlet.

I believe I did this "modification" with one of my 3 port Jandy valves. What I did was unscrew the valve and rotate it so I'm able to turn off the inlet. Is there any downside to this, other than the possibility of deadheading something?

Would you recommendation be to just use two 2 port valves like OP mentioned above?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.