jandy valve actuator not opening valves....??

Sep 23, 2015
Austin
Honestly, I go away on vacation for 1 week and that's when the problem happens!! ARGHH!!!

The water from the pool is not being filtered, the pump is working but it's only taking the water from the spa. I have watched the 2 jandy valve actuators move when I change it from spa to filter and then back again.. I've moved them using the little switches on the side but the water continues to come only from the spa. The pressure on the filter is high but I backwashed it only 3 weeks ago. The polaris is working fine.

We've had a load of oak pollen (yeuch) fall but there wasn't too much in the baskets when I cleaned them out, the polaris seems to have got most of it.

any ideas of what I need to do? I'm guessing take apart the jandy valves but was kind of hoping for something else!
cheers!!
K

edited to add that this morning, the polaris doesn't seem to be working either.

Looking at the catalog, I should be able to just order the diverter itself and not the whole valve... however, the inside of the valve had some DE in it - I guess from the fall when I managed to get the DE back into the pool.
Should I replace the whole valve or just the diverter? the difference in cost is $50- $60.

Yes, once you remove the screws from the valve you can pry the cover off with a putty knife or a butter knife. It is a pretty tight fit.
thanks.
I've done this!
Do you think I should order the whole valve or just the diverter? I think it broke because there was DE in there that must have prevented smooth opening. I'm not sure I feel like learning to fit a whole new valve......

Well, for now I have a temp fix. I have placed the diverter so that the water from the pool and polaris is being filtered, the filter pressure is back down to normal. The system is in "service mode" and I will switch it off manually.

any ideas on the whole valve replacement or just the diverter?

So, 2 weeks later......
I finally get the correct diverter!

I've put it in, turned it on. It moves fine but now I'm slightly concerned about the pressure.

On normal pool filter the ps1 is about 11/12. As soon as I switch it over to the spa it goes up to 19/20 psi. I honestly can't remember what it was before but this seems awfully high. Is it? Is there anything else I need to check? I've made sure that the diverter is in the correct position when it is in pool mode and spa mode by getting the actuator to move and then turning it all off, taking off the top and looking at it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.