Jandy truclear question.

DanGill

Sep 7, 2020
Weeki Wachee Florida
my 3.5year old Jandy defaults to chlorinating 100% after a few minutes regardless of what % I lower it to.
Pool is maintained by reputable company.
Just had chemicals tested and ch was 250 chlorine was 3475. Added 8 lbs of ch. Any jandy users have any suggestions. Pois 30k gal.
Dan

Hi there Dan, welcome to TFP :)

Are you mistaken that the *chlorine* is 3475?? That sounds like a salt reading to me.

Is the pool plaster? 250ppm is a tad low for plaster. What Are My Ideal Pool Levels? - Trouble Free Pool

A quick read to help --> ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Do you do any testing yourself or just rely on the pool company?

Maddie
Maddie, thank you for your reply.
You are correct the salt level is 3475
The pool is a 30k gal fiberglass Jacuzzi and is mid 90s vintage. Large DE filter?
The Jandy is a pro series truclear which I think is rated for 35k gal.
I have relied in pool co to maintain pool since this is a vacation home and subject to use at a moments notice.

Jandy Aquapure SWCG's have been known to have a similar issue. A bad control board is what was found to be the issue.

Is your SWCG a Truclear or Aquapure? I do not know if there is a difference as far as the board goes.

You might try contacting InyoPools to see what they might say.

Call Jandy and make a warranty claim.

Otherwise you probably need to replace the PCB.

That 35K Truclear is really too small for a 30K pool. We recommend a SWG be 2X the pool volume. The cell may be depleted.

98C77242-94D3-44F1-84B8-EA0ADADC34D7.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.