Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
All,

I have an approximate 12k gallon pool, with Jandy Aqualink / iAqualink automation. I would like to be able to control the percentage of chlorine from the control panel and schedule it with the iAqualink web software. I have a couple of questions.

1) Will the UI be able to reduce the setting of the a Truclear to match the demand of my pool? (the cell if run at high usage will produce way more chlorine than my pool needs. (can you snip me a screen show of your iaqualink [aquapure] web portal and how it looks to reduce the demand? ) )
2) If I plug the Truclear into the serial interfaces on the Aqualink, does is just show up as an Aquapure?
3) How long do the Truclear cells last - if this is a 40k cell with 10k projected life- will it last 3x as long in a smaller pool (that changes the projected cost benefit in a good way.)

My other option is Hayward and the chlorinator translator; but I like the idea of adding in the Jandy if it's a reasonable quality piece of equipment.

-Adrian

The TruClear is not a quality piece of equipment IMHO. Get the AquaPure if you want to control a SWG from your Aqualink.

You do not schedule a SWG. It should generate whenever your pump is running.

Reactions: peril
I believe @mknauss NAILED it without disrespecting anyone’s equipment when he said
‘Jandy Truclear is not known for being robust’.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.