Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
For the past month or so I've kept my Truclear at 30% output. Yesterday we had kids over for the first time so I bumped up the out put to 100%. After a minute or so got the message that low temperature or low salt displaying on my power pack. I tested my salt and the reading was right at about 2800. I dumped in a 40 pound bag of salt which brought up my salt level to around 3200.
The power pack would still display low temperature or low salt when it was set at 100% when I bump the power pack down to 80% the salt cell chlorinates as it should I bumped it down even further and had no issues only when I put it at 100% do I get the message that it's not producing.
My question is if my test kit is for some reason not reading accurate and I'm right on the edge of where the salt reading needs to be for the generator to kick on and produce chlorine, would it have a hard time producing chlorine atom 100% output versus 70 or 80% output? I'm going to the pool store tomorrow to pick up another bag of salt.

If it works at any % setting, the salinity level is fine.

I suspect it is an issue with the Truclear system. They are not known to be the most robust unit. Just do not set the output at 100%. And keep an eye on it - as it may be a sign things are starting to fail.

Doctor, it hurts when I do this.

Then don't do this.

Don't run your TuruClear at 100%.

Hey man !!! I know you have had way more than your share of Jandy troubles, but this one is an easy work around. At 80% you'd still be making 2.66 the chlorine than at 30%. Or you could dose 4ppm extra with LC for the party. I'd be happy with the easy fix. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.