Jandy Spa Side Controller Not Working

Martin McKenna

Feb 1, 2020
Flower Mound, TX
Hello,

First post on this site.

I have a Jandy Aqualink rs4 system. My spa side controller stopped working a while ago and I'm having trouble identifying if it is the Spa Side controller or the control board. I have been searching for a wiring diagram to allow me to test the functionality from the control board. There are six wires that connect to the control board 1-6 with different colors. I'm assuming the red and black are power and ground. The other four would be for each of the pieces of equipment. I would like to use a jumper wire to activate the equipment form the control board directly. What I don't know is what wires I should connect and I don't want to short the board. Any advice on how to determine what wires to jump would allow me to determine if my problem is withteh controller or the board. Thank you

Martin,

Below is a pic of how the Pentair system works.. I doubt your system uses the exact same colors or pins, but If you know how mine works, your should be able to determine how yours works... My system uses a common ground on one side and feeds it through a switch to a 5 VDC pull down chip on the other side.. Some system supply a common 5 VDC and uses a ground on the other side of the switch.

If any of the switches work, you should be able to figure out which pins are which.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Thanks for the quick response. Your response is already helping. I made the incorrect assumption that the RED wire was power. But your diagram notes that one wire is for the RED LED light. The RED Light works on my controller. I will confirm this by disconnecting the wires to see which one controls the LED light. If this proves correct then that would lead me to believe that all five wires are power and that pushing the spa side controller button just completes the circuit for each piece of equipment. I'll also use a volt meter to confirm what the VDC is.

It will be freezing and rainy her tomorrow. So, I'll be waiting a few days.

Thank you again.

Jim,

You the MAN!!!!!

I was able to control all spa side control equipment from the panel by jumping the leads. They are numbered 1-6. 1-4 match straight up with how I programmed them through the PDA. 5 was the common black wire. 6 the LED light.

So, my board is fine. This was my major concern. Time to replace the spa side controller.

Thank you again.

Martin

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Martin,
I have the same problem with my spa side controller. But I have no LED light on. How exactly did you jump the leads to test the board? Did you remove the terminal and use alligator clips/jumper wire? Or did you jump the leads with the terminal still plugged in?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.