Jandy screens says standby 100% won't change

May 24, 2020
TN
We opened our pool this week (installed it in October). Turned on our Jandy Tru Clear salt system added salt yesterday as well. My problem is the reading stays on "Standby 100%" I cannot push anything to change that. I have watched the videos. So I wonder if the cell is bad to start with would it be dysfunctional like this or is the keypad defective? I am so frustrated with this thing. Also in the videos it shows water visibly going thru the clear window (kinda bubbly) mine has nothing like that. The cells are moving/wiggling but no visible water. The pool was extremely low on chlorine after adding 4 gallons. We went and had the water tested yesterday and they told us to start adding the salt. So we did and turned on the salt system yesterday. Now I am lost and customer service isn't open until during the week so I am hoping someone on here can help. Thank you

Attachments

• 15903234331866622414509756744775.jpg
    15903234331866622414509756744775.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to TFP.

Have you pressed the POWER button?

That is also dependent on the correct salt level and temperature. You normally will not see water flowing through the cell. You will see it if there are any bubbles but it is a window into your closed plumbing system. If you are seeing water, that would indicate a problem. The cell will create a few bubbles while it is running that is all you should ever see.

Mine is doing the same thing. Stuck on standby and none of the buttons do anything. Held power for over 6 seconds. Disconnected power to reset .. salt level is around 3400.. temp is about 79. System is about 2.5 years old. Thought maybe it needed cleaning... cleaned it .. still stuck on standby

Mine is doing the same thing. Stuck on standby and none of the buttons do anything. Held power for over 6 seconds. Disconnected power to reset .. salt level is around 3400.. temp is about 79. System is about 2.5 years old. Thought maybe it needed cleaning... cleaned it .. still stuck on standby

My issue ended up being electrical. The keypad power was not connected. Therefore it was not allowing us to use the keypad. Once we took that apart it worked for use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.