Jandy sand filter has a crack in it, needs a replacement.

Renshi

Jun 29, 2015
Lexington/SC
I've got a Jandy Sand Filter. The model sticker is attached. I've never replaced one of these before and the pool is about 12 years old so I am trying to find a direct replacement so I can unhook the old one, put the new one In its place, fill it with filter sand (I assume) and then hook the pipes back up. Is there more to it than that? Where can I buy a direct replacement for this online? Open to any suggestions and thank you in advance.

Jandy-94089253.jpgfilter1.jpgfilter2.jpgfilter3.jpgpump1.jpgpump2.jpg

Last edited:
It may be hard to find a direct replacement if that filter is 12 years old. Also, Jandy mainly sells through dealers so you may need to contact someone locally or a pool store. I tried to find L250C but came up empty which indicates it may be obsolete. Maybe show a picture of the pipe work because some are side mount piping and others are on top. Where is your backwash valve mounted?

You are correct that it would be best to just undo connections and reconnect a new one but you may have to cut some pipe.

A filter is a standalone item, you do not need a direct replacement by mfg. You could use a Pentair or Hayward or another 3rd party. Look at this website for some ideas.

The decision should be do you want to go back with a sand filter or switch to a cartridge filter. Either is fine. I am guessing that the 250 in the model number refers to a diameter (25 inch) or the weight of sand (250 lbs) to be added. If you go with a sand filter, do not undersize it. What is model and type of pump connected to it.

Reactions: Newdude
I've got a Jandy Sand Filter. The model sticker is attached. I've never replaced one of these before and the pool is about 12 years old so I am trying to find a direct replacement so I can unhook the old one, put the new one In its place, fill it with filter sand (I assume) and then hook the pipes back up. Is there more to it than that? Where can I buy a direct replacement for this online? Open to any suggestions and thank you in advance.

View attachment 514703
Even if you were to find that exact model, there would likely be a little replumbing involved as manufacturers do make slight modifications all the time.
That model number is now listed as a Carvin/Jacuzzi L250C-7C. May be the same. Jandy is always refining their line of products. Models that don't sell are sold off.

Heres a place it is listed:

that filter has a Canada label. Here is what Jandy's Canadian site has:

It may be hard to find a direct replacement if that filter is 12 years old. Also, Jandy mainly sells through dealers so you may need to contact someone locally or a pool store. I tried to find L250C but came up empty which indicates it may be obsolete. Maybe show a picture of the pipe work because some are side mount piping and others are on top. Where is your backwash valve mounted?

You are correct that it would be best to just undo connections and reconnect a new one but you may have to cut some pipe.

A filter is a standalone item, you do not need a direct replacement by mfg. You could use a Pentair or Hayward or another 3rd party. Look at this website for some ideas.

The decision should be do you want to go back with a sand filter or switch to a cartridge filter. Either is fine. I am guessing that the 250 in the model number refers to a diameter (25 inch) or the weight of sand (250 lbs) to be added. If you go with a sand filter, do not undersize it. What is model and type of pump connected to it.
Thank you for the reply. I uploaded 5 additional images of the filter and pump to my original post if you want to take a look. I don't mind replumbing some I just hope it's in the same area :)

Last edited:
Even if you were to find that exact model, there would likely be a little replumbing involved as manufacturers do make slight modifications all the time.
That model number is now listed as a Carvin/Jacuzzi L250C-7C. May be the same. Jandy is always refining their line of products. Models that don't sell are sold off.

Heres a place it is listed:

that filter has a Canada label. Here is what Jandy's Canadian site has:
Thank you for the links I'll take a look at these.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.