Jandy pump lid seal - lubricate?

rhythm

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2008
Lake Forest, CA
Hi folks, after years of owning my Jandy Stealth pump I had to replace the lid. The older Jandy lids (like my original one) had an o-ring which I always kept lubricated. The new Jandy (Zodiac) lids no longer have an o-ring but rather have what they call a 'lid seal'. It has a rectangular shaped cross-section rather than a circular cross-section, and it fits in a different spot around the inside of the pump lid. My question is: should this lid seal be lubricated like the o-ring? I was assuming 'yes', but I wanted to ask people here just in case lubricating it is a 'no-no'.

FYI: I called Jandy (Zodiac) technical service and they told me "you can lubricate it but you don't have to". I don't know, those kinds of answers just don't sit well with me, so I wanted to hear from someone here who may be smart on the newer Jandy pump lids and lid seals.

Thank you!
Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.