Jandy pool automation problem

Mnkwon

May 8, 2017
Johns creek/GA
Hello,

I have a Jandy Aqualink RS8 system.
Since several days ago, I found some problem in my system.
My filter pump and cleaner often run any other times than the set times.
I set a program for the filter pump to run from 9 am to 5 pm and for cleaner to run from 11 am to 1 pm, but I often found they are running at night. There’s no error code.
Last year, I had the same experience in spa program. Spa button was self on and off quite a while, but not it is not.
pls let me know how i can fix this problem.
I am looking forward to your kind advice and solution.

I have noticed that if there is a power outage then that messes with my program settings.
Has this happened recently?

Power outage often happens in my town, but i am not sure that program settings has messed up after then.
I shut off and on the power and then set the program, but I couldn’t fix it.
Plz tell me how you solved this problem in your case.
It mainly messes with my date and time. That is what I read is similar to your issue as my pump would be running at weird times then I look at the date and time and see it s way off. I just reset my date and time and all works fine. Once I reset it, it follows the programs per the now corrected date and time. Need to see what others provide you for guidance.

The Jandy troubleshooting guide has a couple of items that you can look into.

SymptomProblemPossible Solution
System sometimes does not run programmed on and off times.Power outage with dead battery.At the Controller, check battery level. With software level Rev. F or newer, battery status is located in Diagnostics section of System Setup Menu
System comes on at times that are not programmed.Phantom programs.From the Control Panel review programs. Look for overlapping programs.

It mainly messes with my date and time. That is what I read is similar to your issue as my pump would be running at weird times then I look at the date and time and see it s way off. I just reset my date and time and all works fine. Once I reset it, it follows the programs per the now corrected date and time. Need to see what others provide you for guidance.

There is a 9V battery in the right of the panel below the button area that maintains the date and time when power is lost. I replace the battery every year. Get a good 9V battery in place and nothing is lost with a power outage.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thank you for kind replies.
I already reset the time and date and cancel/reset the program several times, but the same problem happens.
My pool cleaner and filter pump run at the weird time in addition to the set time.
I think it is not power and program setting issues.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.