Northern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Jandy PLC1400 & Jandy iAqualink system which were both installed in March as part of a pool remodel. I’ve adjusted salt to 3000 ppm and used a new Taylor K-1766 to verify my levels. The Jandy believes my salt levels are at 3700 ppm as shown on the Jandy app & on the display at the equipment pad. Does anyone else have this type of issue?

Normally I’d ask to have the PLC1400 controller swapped out but I’ve already had a temp sensor and the board for the iAqualink swapped out and that hasn’t solved an issue with incorrect temp read-outs. Does the salinity sensor being off by 20+% matter?

Salinity is measured electronically by the cell and never agrees with the K-1766. As long as they are in the right ballpark and the cell is happy generating chlorine the discrepancy is not a problem. As long as you can keep the cell happy with the K-1766 salinity below 4,000 it is fine.

The unit might have been recalibrated.

You can check the calibration by doing the following below procedure.

*If the unit reads 2.8 gpl for salinity, then the unit has not been recalibrated.

*If the unit does not read 2.8 gpl for salinity, then the unit has been recalibrated.

You can recalibrate the unit if you are really sure about the actual salinity and you want the box to match your readings.

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp.

While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.

While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.

Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .

• Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. Release the button after the 3rd beep.

• Press and release the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.

• The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.

• When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

I don’t have an H-Temp button so the test procedure won’t work but the rest procedure did. Thanks @JamesW!

Do you know how to reset the external temp sensor of an iAqualink 2.0? My PB replaced the sensor but both the old and new ones showed the correct Ohm reading for the temperature outside. They then swapped out the board but its still reading high. The water sensor can be adjusted from the web interface but unfortunately not the external temp sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.