Jandy Never Lube Leaks

mmcwhorter

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 13, 2015
Huntingtown, MD
I have the Jandy Never Lube Valves...and they have black knobs on the outside of the valve housing. I assume the idea is to turn the knob to add pool grease to the inside surfaces...without having to remove the 8 screws on the top and pull out the diverter. Never seemed to be a good idea to me and I always open it up to grease it.

My valves are leaking out of the threaded grease knob insert. Someone on TFT told me a particular thread size to use to pull out the Jandy greater know and replace with ascrew to stop the leak.

Does anybody know what size/type of screw to use to plug it up? Use Teflon tape? How would I remove the Jandy Grease Knob....?

I have the Jandy Never Lube Valves...and they have black knobs on the outside of the valve housing. I assume the idea is to turn the knob to add pool grease to the inside surfaces...without having to remove the 8 screws on the top and pull out the diverter. Never seemed to be a good idea to me and I always open it up to grease it.

My valves are leaking out of the threaded grease knob insert. Someone on TFT told me a particular thread size to use to pull out the Jandy greater know and replace with ascrew to stop the leak.

Does anybody know what size/type of screw to use to plug it up? Use Teflon tape? How would I remove the Jandy Grease Knob....?
It un-threads from the valve. Remove the cap, use a pliers to remove. 1/8"

The grease cup is two parts.

The rebuild kit costs as much as a new Neverlube valve.

Just buy the whole new valve and pull out the internal parts including the top and O-rings.

Get a 1/8" brass pipe plug from the hardware store.

The older Polaris drain plug part P20 is a 1/8" NPT pipe plug.

1711579647041.png

It is two pieces.

The top cap unscrews and then the bottom fitting unscrews.

The bottom fitting is a grease cup and the top fitting compresses the grease and the grease goes from the cup through a hole into the valve.

1711635118588.png
1711635249836.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thanks all...I saw a You Tube on how to remove the Never Lube (???) grease fitting....
I ordered 8 NPT Black Nylon Threaded Plugs for US Plastic...at that price a few spares is good as I have six valves. Shipping price wasn't bad either. Thanks

Reactions: JamesW