JANDY LXI250N blower won’t start

I can turn it by hand. Turns quite well. Last week it even started up. Then ran and even started up a few times after that. I experienced the same end of last season.

When it was running the blower casing was too hot to touch which seemed a bit strange to me.

Under normal conditions, most motors run too hot to touch for long, especially inside a pool heater.
The only way to truly tell what the issue is is to isolate the fan connection and see if voltage is being sent to the motor. If so, bad fan. That's what it sounds like from 3000 miles away.

Under normal conditions, most motors run too hot to touch for long, especially inside a pool heater.
The only way to truly tell what the issue is is to isolate the fan connection and see if voltage is being sent to the motor. If so, bad fan. That's what it sounds like from 3000 miles away.
Many thanks for you replies.

I’ve just purchased a multimeter. Have done a few basic tests around the house but not sure how to approach this. Attached a wiring diagram of the motor (or you can see the full on page 24 https://www.royalswimmingpools.com/JandyLXiManual.pdf) Any idea what I should be testing?

Secondly, is it practical to have these motors repaired? Surprisingly I do have an electric engine repair shop just down the road.

Attachments

• 90F73B0B-D483-4CB4-91CD-78AE14D29003.png
    90F73B0B-D483-4CB4-91CD-78AE14D29003.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.