Jandy LX heater help

Jun 17, 2018
Goodyear, AZ
Hi, I am having heater trouble and I’m not sure where to start. I bought my house and it came with a pool/spa and Jandy LX heater. It’s worked fine in the past, even though the on/off button has been hard to press.
I went to turn it on tonight, and the on/off button doesn’t work. It’s weird to me though, because every other button works perfectly. I don’t know much about it, (btu, voltage, etc) but I opened it up and it had a date of 2005 on the circuit board.
Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance! image.jpg

Looks like the part is called Temperature Control W/ Bezel with a part number of R0329600. Looked on the internet and found that part either marked obsolete or if available it had prices between $1100.00 and $1700.00. Some sites had the part marked obsolete with a price $0.00 and you could put it in the cart, but the sites were not secure ( not recommended).

Thank you for your responses! Sorry but I don’t know much about this. So is the smart move to get a new heater? If this part is obsolete, is it likely that if it needs another part in the near future, that would be difficult to obtain as well?
FWIW, I was kind of prepared for this and began looking at new electric heaters, since we have 40 solar panels up top.

Parts will probably get harder to find. Since it is only the "off-pool-spa" button that is not working, if you knew someone handy in the electrical control field they could probably wire in a toggle switch that would do the same switching as the button and mount it where the button is or in a free space above it.

Unfortunately, it is probably the momentary contact switch attached directly to the board which would mean a new board to correct that issue.

You may want to try this guy. He used to repair only the Jandy automation boards, but i think he has since expanded a bit to include other types.
IMO it would be worth the call to see.

bpelectronics

Or..

Here is the part with a little better price. (Key # 54)

Edit: Whoops, looks like its out of stock. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
I’ve used BP before. He does great work and quick turnarounds. My aqualink board was doa and had it back to me good as new in 2 weeks. Try him before scrapping the whole heater. Another option is use an LT control board as it does the same thing without all the fancy lcds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.