Jandy LT400 LP Gas Heater - rebuilt and fully functioning!

Minor update... all is still working perfectly, but have not had any rain yet to test it with... I did run an additional ground wire just to insure I have all my bases covered...I ran it from one of the inducer blower housing flange bolts over to my ground gang, which is actually one of the screws for the 24VAC transformer on the LT400...when it rains again, I'll report back....

Cheers 🍻🍻🍻🥃🥃🥃

James

Well...we had a some heavy rain last night, so thought I'd give my heater a test this AM... its back to cycling 3 times and air flow error... now I am really stumped... any more thoughts out there about what else could be causing this? I've used it 5+ times per week the past 2 weeks, no issues at all...any and all input appreciated...

When outdoor equipment only fails when it is wet out you need to look for areas of corrosion and poor connections that cause bad grounds or high resistance. Based on the history you described in the first post that is very likely.

I would get Stabilant 22 and put it on every connector and connection you can find.

When outdoor equipment only fails when it is wet out you need to look for areas of corrosion and poor connections that cause bad grounds or high resistance. Based on the history you described in the first post that is very likely.

I would get Stabilant 22 and put it on every connector and connection you can find.

Ajw22...you were spot on! I unscrewed my flame sensor rod and already had rust accumulating on the firebox and sensor flange... I cleaned them, put some di-electric grease on it ( cause that’s all I had right now, left over from using it on light bulbs on my car) , reassembled and it worked perfectly!!! I’ll get the anti-corrosive stuff and hopefully put this issue behind me...

Reactions: ajw22
I am going to color this one done, all working well now! Thanks all! Now onto my next challenge, skimmer leaks! New post on that one though...Cheers...James 🍻 🍻 🍻

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.