Jandy JXI Problems

OBP

Jan 26, 2022
San Diego County
I have a JXI 260P that fires up great but shuts down after a minute or so. Before shutting off and starting its cycle over again it makes a weird noise that appears to be coming off the header.

Just recently there was a short in the sub panel, so I had to swap the PIB and transformer. After doing so it ran great for a few days then started doing the above but after a few cycles giving me CHECK IGN STEPS. I replaced the igniter and flue sensor. Worked great for a few days and again started doing the same thing this time with that weird noise.

Gas pressure is okay. Not really sure what’s going on but did notice soot blowing out the exhaust this last time I fired up.

Yes, I’ve tested the gas pressure before. 10in wc static and a slight drop when the valve opened. I cannot remember exactly how much. I will need to test again.

Can you remind me how much of a drop indicates gas pressure to be the problem?

And thank you for the Flame Sensing thread! Good read.

Update.

I tested the gas pressure and Static pressure 11.11 in WC and when the gas valve opens it’s fluctuates between 10.11-10.25 in WC. So I don’t suspect this to be the problem.

I’ve been monitoring the heater for the past 30min and it hasn’t shut off once. Which is odd. I will be installing an automation system so that should help monitor the heater better when I’m not around.

Hi Everyone. I’m having trouble with a Jandy JXI heater that sits about 3’ above pool level. When the heater calls for heat it fires up no problem but then is quickly followed by what sounds like a restriction in flow then the heater turning off and the “Check water flow” code.

I’ve called the Jandy support line and they’ve had me replace the pressure switch, adjust the pressure switch, adjust the VSP speeds and run through all other troubleshooting steps. Still haven’t found a fix. For some reason I’ve found that backwashing the filter will allow it to run for a couple of hours then returning back to normal.

If anyone has encountered this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone. I’m having trouble with a Jandy JXI heater that sits about 3’ above pool level. When the heater calls for heat it fires up no problem but then is quickly followed by what sounds like a restriction in flow then the heater turning off and the “Check water flow” code.

I’ve called the Jandy support line and they’ve had me replace the pressure switch, adjust the pressure switch, adjust the VSP speeds and run through all other troubleshooting steps. Still haven’t found a fix. For some reason I’ve found that backwashing the filter will allow it to run for a couple of hours then returning back to normal.

If anyone has encountered this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!
What type of filter, DE or sand?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DE filter
Remove the grids or DE cartridges (whichever you have), make sure all baskets are clean, and run the system for a short while without them in the tank. It won't hurt anything unless you have an extremely dirty pool. Does the problem go away? If so, you can try soaking the grids/cartridge overnight in a good commercial filter cleaner to remove any oils/algae that may be clogging them. If you have grids and they are damaged in any way, it is best to just replace them.
Be aware that some may encourage you to do an acid wash of the grids/cartridge. If you do that before removing any oils that may be present you will destroy them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.