Jandy jxi heater won’t stay on

shubes312

Mar 2, 2024
Texas
Last week, heater gave me the error: check ign steps. Heater would turn on, could feel hot air coming out the exhaust but then it’d fault.
Earlier this week, I opened the front and rear panels, looked complicated so didn’t mess around. Tried heater again for fun and it heated spa all the way from 62 to 93. It ignited/turned on and off 3 times before finally staying on.
Tried using it today. Same error. Opened up front panel again and got spa from 63 to 87 before error. Again, it stayed on after the 3rd ignition. Looks like LED shows air flow fault. Took out the two connectors to the air pressure switch and blew on them (not sure how else to “clean” them. Tried wiping down the terminals with my hand (again, not sure how to clean). Blew into the tubes to “clear”. Still getting error. It’d try igniting 1-4 times before erroring out. Any ideas? Thanks!

Heater is just over a year old: out of warranty by 2 weeks.

Last week, heater gave me the error: check ign steps. Heater would turn on, could feel hot air coming out the exhaust but then it’d fault.
Earlier this week, I opened the front and rear panels, looked complicated so didn’t mess around. Tried heater again for fun and it heated spa all the way from 62 to 93. It ignited/turned on and off 3 times before finally staying on.
Tried using it today. Same error. Opened up front panel again and got spa from 63 to 87 before error. Again, it stayed on after the 3rd ignition. Looks like LED shows air flow fault. Took out the two connectors to the air pressure switch and blew on them (not sure how else to “clean” them. Tried wiping down the terminals with my hand (again, not sure how to clean). Blew into the tubes to “clear”. Still getting error. It’d try igniting 1-4 times before erroring out. Any ideas? Thanks!

Heater is just over a year old: out of warranty by 2 weeks.

Attachments

• JXi-troubleshooting.pdf
    546.8 KB · Views: 3