Jandy JXI Heater Issue

Johnny Ballgame

Feb 17, 2022
Dallas
We had our pool/spa w/ Jandy JXI heater installed in May of 2019. Ever since install we have had this error pop up. The first time, in Fall of 2019 the company that installed our pool came out and had to basically replace every single piece of our heater (including the motherboard) and never really figured out what was causing the error, however it miraculously seemed to fix itself and worked for what would end up being a few more months of winter. Fast forward to winter of 2020 and the issue randomly came back again... They again ripped everything apart and replaced just about every piece of the unit and it worked until it started intermittently breaking now in Fall of 2021... Now we can't get it to turn on at all and they want to charge us to "repair it", but honestly, I don't feel like anyone knows what the problem is and I don't feel like paying 10-20 $500 repair bills for repairs that aren't actually fixing our issue... Does anyone know anything about this error code or dealt with this? Jandy says they can't even find documentation of this error code in their manuals... Do we have some sort of a lemon and need to just rip the thing out and pay $5K to install new one? (That would be cheaper than a bunch of repairs over and over again that aren't fixing anything, lol)
We have the same issue, can’t find any resolution anywhere. Repair guy came out and it worked for awhile but now intermittently. He didn’t have any idea either just change a few things around. It hasn’t even been in operation a year yet.

Welcome to TFP Johnny.

With a one year old heater you should make a warranty claim with Jandy and make it their problem to fix or replace the heater.

That said… what model is your pump and filter?

What is your filter PSI?

What RPM does your pump run at?

We have the same issue, can’t find any resolution anywhere. Repair guy came out and it worked for awhile but now intermittently. He didn’t have any idea either just change a few things around. It hasn’t even been in operation a year yet.
So, after a lot of talking with Jandy directly (after yet another unsuccessful repair attempt) I was able to be connected with their regional person in charge. He was extremely knowledgeable (much more so than our pool company- which honestly is pretty good). He was able to “babysit” the repairs to make sure the right thing was getting attention- they replaced the “vent limit sensor” and it did the trick instantly!! Knock on wood it’s been running like a champ since with no issues whatsoever (which has never happened before, lol!). Id suggest calling Jandy and getting their regional person on the line and change the vent limit sensor like we did…. And I’ll tell you what… I plan on not letting go of our regional guys number just in case there are ever any other issues 😂

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.