Jandy JXI 400N heater high limit fault

dldeuce

May 22, 2022
Houston TX
I'm getting a high limit fault. The heater is not coming on at all. I understand there are limit switches. I haven't taken it apart enough so far to see where those are to inspect. My question is how can I test if it really is the limit switches? I saw a circuit diagram on the panel that implied the two switches are normally closed. I pulled the connector off the circuit board and shorted the terminals, and the fault continued. Anyone know where these switches are on this model? Anyone have any advice for easy testing?

So the good news is that I tested both switches. One is open circuit, one is closed. The open circuit is the failed switch. I was wrong in my op when I said I shorted the terminals on the control board that nothing happened. Today I shorted it and the heater started to fire up.

The remaining question is which switch is which 135deg, or 150deg? The failed switch is at the bottom rear of the "header" assembly just as shown in my picture. The other switch is on the upper portion of the front side of the "header" unit. Which is which, presuming I can order one, not both?

I would replace them both with a 135 and a 150. If one failed the other is probably not far behind. Since you are in there anyway it will save you time over it doing again in the future.

So the good news is that I tested both switches. One is open circuit, one is closed. The open circuit is the failed switch. I was wrong in my op when I said I shorted the terminals on the control board that nothing happened. Today I shorted it and the heater started to fire up.

The remaining question is which switch is which 135deg, or 150deg? The failed switch is at the bottom rear of the "header" assembly just as shown in my picture. The other switch is on the upper portion of the front side of the "header" unit. Which is which, presuming I can order one, not both?
The manual instructions are to replace them both. They come as a set of two in a kit. The 150 is the one with the smaller threads so that it will only fit that port.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.