Jandy JVA 2444 with iAqualink 2.0 to automate Waterfall

SirSteve

Dec 29, 2019
Florida
I want to connect a Jandy JVA 2444 to my iAqualink 2.0 to automate the waterfall. It seemed straight forward until I realized the JVA 2444 has a 3-prong female connector and I thought I would be connecting it to one of the AUX but it only accepts a 2-Prong connector. The only available 3-prong options are for the "Cleaner" and "Solar". Please advise.

Welcome to TFP Steve.

If you are not using a cleaner pump connected to Aux1 then you can...

- connect the waterfall JVA actuator to the CLEANER socket
- put dip switch 1 ON that enables the cleaner function
- if you have something connected to AUX1 you need to move it to another AUX relay as AUX1 becomes the cleaner
- you will find AUX1 is labeled CLEANER and I believe you can rename it to WATERFALL

When you select AUX1 the JVA should turn and enable your waterfall.

Steve,

Aux relays use two wires.. 24 VDC and ground.. Valve actuators use three wires.. two 24 VAC lines and ground. AC on one line will turn the valve one way and AC on the other line will turn the valve the other way.

You could use the Aux relay to control the 24 VAC so that it will turn the valve using the following circuit.. But normal Aux relays won't work as they do not have any Normally Closed contacts. You need a relay that has NC and NO contacts.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I did what @ajw22 said when we installed our iAqualink and it works perfectly. In fact the waterfall is now running because freeze protect “kicked in”. I actually used the cleaner JVA valve because I no longer have a need for the pressure side cleaner.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP Steve.

If you are not using a cleaner pump connected to Aux1 then you can...

- connect the waterfall JVA actuator to the CLEANER socket
- put dip switch 1 ON that enables the cleaner function
- if you have something connected to AUX1 you need to move it to another AUX relay as AUX1 becomes the cleaner
- you will find AUX1 is labeled CLEANER and I believe you can rename it to WATERFALL

When you select AUX1 the JVA should turn and enable your waterfall.

Thanks for the reply!

I am using the Aqualink RS8 and not sure which dip switch is for the cleaner. I'll take pics tomorrow.

Your "aux" connections go to the relay, the connectors to the right of the "aux" relays is where the JVA plugs in.
20190503_111539.jpg

Thanks again for the responses as I am new to owning a pool. Attached are pictures of my setup but the waterfall is still not automating with my configuration stated above.The black plug into cleaner is the waterfall JVA.

IMG_2690.jpgIMG_2691.jpgIMG_2692.jpgIMG_2689.jpgIMG_2688.jpg

It does not look like dip switch #1 is ON to enable the cleaner function for AUX1.

What does your below section look like? As you can see in mine I changed mine as I only have 2 JVAs. I made one for my sheet descent and one for my waterfall. I took the solar to run my garden lights and Aux1 is used for my lights.

1579384402502.png
1579384455257.png

I finally got the waterfall working... however, it doesn't stop where it needs to and Jandy said the JVA had to be manually calibrated and a qualified pool guy has to do it.

Something else I noticed, is that when the waterfall is on, the spillover has less water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I finally got the waterfall working... however, it doesn't stop where it needs to and Jandy said the JVA had to be manually calibrated and a qualified pool guy has to do it.

Something else I noticed, is that when the waterfall is on, the spillover has less water.

Follow the instructions on page 7 section 4.2 to reset the cams for your desired stop points - https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0570800.pdf?force=1

It takes some patience and trial and error to get them set.

No pool guy required if you can use a screwdriver and follow directions.

Super easy to do yourself.

Or.... you could get the below and make your JVAs adjustable in 5% increments from you Aqualink controllers. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.