Santa Clarita/CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey Everyone, I have A JEP-R controller that is controlling my Jandy VS pump. It has been hooked up for 5 years. It is on a breaker that has tripped randomly and I always just turned it back on. The other day I turned the breaker back on and the JEP-R now reads “Fault - Pump not Connected”. I have check the cable connecting the pump and controller. I also swapped out the JEP-R at the recommendation of Jandy but still have the same issue. I checked the voltage and have 120 on each line and 240 across the two. I can’t figure out what the issue is. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

• F8A5E34E-A44A-4D4A-A6C9-26B171DDF9D4.jpeg
    F8A5E34E-A44A-4D4A-A6C9-26B171DDF9D4.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to TFP.

Have you ran a new cable between the JEP_R and the pump?

You check the DIP switch settings for the pump controller with the 1 and 2 in the ON position and 3 and 4 in the OFF position?

Otherwise the RS-485 comm port on the pump may have died.

Depends if you have the Gen I pump or GenII if you can replace just the drive or need to replace the motor/drive assembly. Either way it costs almost as much as a new pump...

Is there anything that could have caused that to go out?

Lightning strike in the area.

Shorting the RS-485 contacts while working on the pump or JEP-R.

Maybe a power surge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe a power surge.
Circuit breakers randomly tripping is what some people might call a red flag.

It is quite possible that your replacement pump and all your other pool equipment could be damaged again at any time. Maybe you should determine why your breaker is tripping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.