Jandy iAqualink spillover mode questions

bdbull

Jun 25, 2020
Georgia, US
I've just changed my plumbing over to use the spillover mode on my Jandy iAqualink system for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening. Would it be beneficial to run in spa mode for 20 minutes or so before switching to spillover mode? I'm thinking it would help filter anything that may have settled to the bottom of the spa. Am I overthinking things?

Also, is there a recommended speed to run the pump for spillover mode? I've gone with the "set it to the lowest effective speed" right now which is 1000RPM. It seems to still move water very well at that speed. The default speed of 2750 had the spillover almost shooting water out of the spa into the pool.

I do not think Spa mode would do much. Try it and see.

The important thing is that you are displacing enough water in Spillover to get the FC in the spa up to that of the pool. I would suggest testing the FC of the spa just before it switches to Spillover a couple times to see what the FC is.

Reactions: bdbull
I've just changed my plumbing over to use the spillover mode on my Jandy iAqualink system for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening. Would it be beneficial to run in spa mode for 20 minutes or so before switching to spillover mode? I'm thinking it would help filter anything that may have settled to the bottom of the spa. Am I overthinking things?

No.

Also, is there a recommended speed to run the pump for spillover mode? I've gone with the "set it to the lowest effective speed" right now which is 1000RPM. It seems to still move water very well at that speed. The default speed of 2750 had the spillover almost shooting water out of the spa into the pool.
Try around 2200RPM. You want a good flow to dump all the water int he spa into the pool and replace it with fresh pool water that is well chlorinated. Find an RPM that gives a healthy flow without spraying the water out of the pool.

Try around 2200RPM. You want a good flow to dump all the water int he spa into the pool and replace it with fresh pool water that is well chlorinated. Find an RPM that gives a healthy flow without spraying the water out of the pool.
This video is with the pump running at 2000RPM. Regardless of how low I set the speed for spillover, it never goes below 2000RPM.

I did have the Pool speed set to 1750, but I just changed it today to get a little more flow. I guess 2000RPM is ok for the spillover, I'm just curious why it won't go any lower. Maybe it's a limitation of that function?

Screenshot_20230406-215923.jpg
Screenshot_20230406-215947.jpg
Screenshot_20230406-215938.jpg

I do not have a Jandy system, but in Pentair, if the Pool Mode (2000 rpm) is active, and you start a Spillover function (1750 rpm), the pump will stay at 2000 rpm, as the higher rpm always wins.

I do not have a Jandy system, but in Pentair, if the Pool Mode (2000 rpm) is active, and you start a Spillover function (1750 rpm), the pump will stay at 2000 rpm, as the higher rpm always wins.
Works the same way with an Aqualink.

Your base pool speed has to be the minimum you want. Then you can increase the speed with other schedules. But a schedule cannot set a speed below the base pool speed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great point! I did not know that about the system. So if i create two entries for the same time (8:30am-8pm) one with 1500RPM and the other with 2000RPM, then that will allow any other schedule during that time to go as low as 1500?

I will play with it tomorrow and see what I can do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.