Jandy Error Code 123

danman

Sep 5, 2016
Spring, Tx
So I just replaced my Salt Cell(aqua pure plc1400). All together it's a new cell, new power cord and new tri flow sensor. Checked my chlorine level this afternoon and it's up(2.5) but not as high as I thought it would be for the time it's running. My CYA is good, it's about 70. Anyhow, I checked my PDA and it shows "GENERAL FAULT" :grrrr:. So I go and pull my panel and my display says Error Code 123.. sigh.. So reading the docs, that's a low or now power condition to the cell. With that said, if I replace the back board, in everyone's experience is that usually the problem? Or should I go ahead and replace the transformer that's in there too?

Have you followed Jandy's troubleshooting guide and taken all the voltage readings? Google Jandy AquaPure Workbook for the guide.

Is the flow sensor set to the correct program A or B for your board?

Have you followed Jandy's troubleshooting guide and taken all the voltage readings? Google Jandy AquaPure Workbook for the guide.

Is the flow sensor set to the correct program A or B for your board?

Yes I believe the sensor is running the right program, according to the install guide and my firmware version I should be on program B. I will check Voltages today.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the indication that the old cell was bad?

Check voltage going to the cell.

Check current going to the cell.

Do you have pictures of everything?

I can provide pictures and I'll check voltages today. I replaced the cell, b/c I had the backboard repaired and all voltages were reading fine. but I was still getting a low voltage reading. the cell itself was around 5 yrs old according to the serial #. and I just decided I'm tired of messing with the previous home owners problems. but yet, here I am.

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't responded. I checked all my voltages and on all the test points on the backboard they were a couple volts higher than what's listed. However when I tried to test voltage at the cell and the points labeled "Cell Voltage" on the backboard, I could barely get a volt or two. I attached a picture and as you can see it looks black around the "cell voltage" test points. So I ordered a board. We'll see if that solves the problem.

backboard-small.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.