Jandy ePump only runs at full speed

So my local pool company was good enough to lend me a JEP-R controller to test on the motor. Same behaviour as when the Aqualink was used to try and control the speed, ramps up to full speed and stays there. After priming, JEP-R says speed is 1750, but you can tell the actual speed never ramped down from the priming speed to a lower speed.

So this narrows it down to either the electronics in the motor speed controller mounted on the motor, or the electric motor itself may have an internal issue. Seems like where ever the speed sensor is, that's what has the issue. Does anyone know how these motors determine their actual RPM's? If the rpm sensor is in the electronics part of the speed controller then I can find used ones online and swap it out, the motor is harder to find.
What horsepower?

What horsepower?
Same as in the one linked my first post, it's the JEP1.5 which is 1.5HP. Unfortunately shipping something like the one you suggested to Canada is prohibitively expensive for me, which is why I'm hoping it may be the speed controller since I can get one way cheaper than a new motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.