Jandy DEV60 Outlet Tube O-Ring

mattafact

Dec 2, 2022
Charleston, SC
Howdy!

I broke down my Jandy DEV-60 for the first time to clean and recharge it and came across a bit of a hurdle with the outlet tube o-ring. The one that was on there looked warped so I thought it would be best to replace it. After an extensive internet search, I came across part number R0792000. It arrived and when I installed it I went to put the manifold back in place and it pushed the o-ring out of the groove on the outlet tube, not letting it slide down. I then decided to call Jandy support and they informed me that I ordered the incorrect part for the job and said I needed part number R0358000, which is a series of o-rings for the Jandy DEV60. That came and I installed the o-ring and, once again, the manifold would not slide down past the o-ring, pushing it out of the groove on the outlet tube. I applied silicone lubricant to the o-ring both times. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated! As a first-time pool owner, I can say the folks on this site have been amazing and super helpful! I hope to one day have enough pool knowledge to pay it forward!

On a side note/question. My pool has been sitting stagnant for about 3 days while I figure out the o-ring drama. Anything I should be concerned about there?

Thank y'all!

Pour 5ppm of liquid chlorine into your pool daily and stir it into the water with your pool brush until you fix your filter problem.

Howdy!

I broke down my Jandy DEV-60 for the first time to clean and recharge it and came across a bit of a hurdle with the outlet tube o-ring. The one that was on there looked warped so I thought it would be best to replace it. After an extensive internet search, I came across part number R0792000. It arrived and when I installed it I went to put the manifold back in place and it pushed the o-ring out of the groove on the outlet tube, not letting it slide down. I then decided to call Jandy support and they informed me that I ordered the incorrect part for the job and said I needed part number R0358000, which is a series of o-rings for the Jandy DEV60. That came and I installed the o-ring and, once again, the manifold would not slide down past the o-ring, pushing it out of the groove on the outlet tube. I applied silicone lubricant to the o-ring both times. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated! As a first-time pool owner, I can say the folks on this site have been amazing and super helpful! I hope to one day have enough pool knowledge to pay it forward!

On a side note/question. My pool has been sitting stagnant for about 3 days while I figure out the o-ring drama. Anything I should be concerned about there?

Thank y'all!
Wrap a few turns of Teflon tape on the tube at the O-ring groove, or just leave it out (like is done most of the time).

Most standpipes are 2" PVC with a groove cut for the O-ring.

You can get an O-ring for a Hayward or Pentair filter and it should work.

Any local pool shop should have an O-ring that will work.

The O-ring is relatively thin and you were right not to try to force the manifold down as that will crack the manifold.

Reactions: mattafact
Thank you 1poolman1! I shouldn't be worried about DE going back into the pool return line?
It could, yes, but with a bit of T'tape likely won't. I've serviced hundreds of those type filters over the years (as JamesW said, Pentair and Hayward also come with an O ring there) and most of the time the O ring was missing with no issues. Also, most of the time when I would replace them they wouldn't stay in place for any length of time, especially on a commercial pool where the filters are torn down more frequently. On some properties it was monthly.

It could, yes, but with a bit of T'tape likely won't. I've serviced hundreds of those type filters over the years (as JamesW said, Pentair and Hayward also come with an O ring there) and most of the time the O ring was missing with no issues. Also, most of the time when I would replace them they wouldn't stay in place for any length of time, especially on a commercial pool where the filters are torn down more frequently. On some properties it was monthly.
Great info! Thank you sir!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

As you suggested, yesterday I used the Teflon tape to wrap the outlet pipe, put everything back together, and recharged the filter with 6lbs of DE. This morning I checked the water and it looked a little cloudy, but could be due to the massive amount of pollen we are getting hit with right now. It’s hard for me to see if there is any DE at the bottom of the pool because my plaster is a white finish. The thing that stuck out the most to me was the filter PSI did not come down as expected. It’s at 25psi currently. Thoughts? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you add DE, watch the returns carefully for several minutes to see if any cloud comes out of the returns.

Add 1 lb of DE into the skimmer now to see what happens.

I would always use an O-ring.

What pump do you have?

What speed?

What is the normal pressure?

Does the gauge go to 0 when the pump is off?

When you add DE, watch the returns carefully for several minutes to see if any cloud comes out of the returns.
I added 1lb into the skimmer and did not see any come out of the returns.
Add 1 lb of DE into the skimmer now to see what happens.

I would always use an O-ring.

What pump do you have?
I have a Jandy Pro Series Variable Speed Pump (2.7 HP)
What speed?
What is the normal pressure?
Hard to say what's "normal". I had a pool company servicing it for the past year and their readings seemed all over the place. I started doing it myself in Dec. After backwashing it ran at 16psi.
Does the gauge go to 0 when the pump is off?
Yes, it goes to 0 when the pump is off.

I added 1lb into the skimmer and did not see any come out of the returns.

I have a Jandy Pro Series Variable Speed Pump (2.7 HP)

Hard to say what's "normal". I had a pool company servicing it for the past year and their readings seemed all over the place. I started doing it myself in Dec. After backwashing it ran at 16psi.

Yes, it goes to 0 when the pump is off.
Running your pump at 3450 saves 0 in energy if it is done at all times. Also means cleaning the filter more often and damage to D.E. grids if not watched carefully.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.