Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG Accidently Left On

sagosto

May 28, 2019
Mahwah, NJ
I was doing some landscaping and realized the SWG was on. I checked and the power at the panel was left on and I am not sure when it was turned on. The pump was unplugged so no issues there. Should I have any concerns for the SWG?

S,

All SWCG's require two safety features.. One should prevent the salt system from getting any AC power when the pump is off. This is the Primary safety device. The Secondary safety device is the flow switch..

While it is likely that the secondary safety device will work, the cell can explode if it does not. Does not happen often, but it does happen.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Have you shut off the power completely to the SWG? Try that if not.

Code 171 says the board needs to be replaced and 189 has to do with a relay. If it doesn't clear the codes with a complete shutdown then I believe you will need to replace the board.

Reactions: setsailsoon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I spoke with Jandy Tech Support who said the codes typically stay on when there is an issue. He said if it is making chlorine and the error code is intermittent than it "should be OK". I don't have the warm and fuzzy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.