Jandy AquaPure 1400 cell toast?

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
My cell is 5 years old in August, I cleaned the cell months ago, no corrosion on the plates, I get low salt on my system, aqua link says 1800 ppm, but me old school test states 3400ppm. Also code 144. Is the cell toast?

The cell isn't involved in the salinity calculation.

The trisensor measures salinity, temperature and flow.

You might have a bad trisensor or board.

Troubleshooting.

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the board.

Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.

While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.

Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .

If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor.

On the other hand if the readings are different then it indicates that there is a problem with the front board.

Also, verify the salinity a different way to be sure.

Make sure that the flow is good and make sure that the trisensor is pointing down and not up so that it does not get an air bubble trapped near the trisensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.