Jandy Aquapre 1400 reading low - due to low temp?

wayner

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Each year after my pool is opened the salt level is low as the salt concentration gets diluted bu additional water in the winter. Using the Taylor salt test kit my initial level was 2400. I added 100kg of salt and now read a level of 3200. My Jandy Aquapure 1400 has a salinity measure and it reads 1.9 (which I believe is the same as 2000 ppm). This causes the service light to come on with error 144 - salt level low. I am wondering if this reading could be caused by low water temperatures as I haven't started heating my pool yet and the temperature is currently about 55F. Anyone know if the low temperature will cause issues with the sensor? I am guessing that I should trust my Taylor kit more than the sensor, correct?

Cold water should not affect the salinity reading.

Below 51°F (11°C), chlorine production is not permitted; operating the chlorinator in cold water might result in over-chlorinated pool water. If more chlorine is needed, activating the “Boost” mode will override this cold water feature allowing chlorine production for 24 hours of operation.

@JamesW

Thanks, I have the cell turned down to 0% until the water gets around 60 and I am just using liquid chlorine for now. I was just wondering about the salinity reading.

I have turned the heater on and the water is now up to about 80F. The salinity reading is now toggling between 2.4 and 2.5. So it seems like I have been seeing a correlation between temperature and salinity reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.