Jandy Aqualink Z4 cleaner booster interlock?

rlab

Oct 4, 2019
Australia
Anyone with an AquaLink Z4 know how to interlock the cleaner booster pump with the main filter pump? The installation manual makes reference to the special "Clner/Sp3" schedulable item, and also "Cleaner Lockout" logic. But there is nothing to say how to assign that logic to a particular Aux relay.

I know on the higher end Jandy AquaLink boxes this is done via a dipswitch... but on the Z4 this dipswitch does not exist (or at least is not documented).

To use more general terms, I just want to make sure the cleaner booster pump can only ever turn on when the main filter pump is also on.

This is a standard automation feature and *seems* possible with the Aqualink Z4 based on mentions in the manual. But it doesn't actually explain how to set this up.

Whoa, gnarly. So the text label also determines the actual logic/functionality.

In that case does that mean the "Solar Pump" label will assign an aux as a pump to use when solar heat is active? That is another item that isn't described, i.e. how to control a solar booster pump.

Page 11 and 19

Solar may not come up in the menu until you connect a solar temp sensor.
Yes, you will need an available aux relay for the solar pump motor and label it solar pump (from the menu labels).
Note: You should be able to get away with just diverting the water to the panels by way of a three way valve actuator. Let the filter pump take push the water to the panels. Otherwise, you will be running two pumps to use solar heat (increased energy usage).

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.