Jandy Aqualink vs Pentair IntelliCenter..

poolnovice1

Bronze Supporter
May 11, 2018
Houston, TX
I am upgrading my 15+ year pool equipment. It seems like I should go either all Jandy or all Pentair.

I'm replacing pumps, lighting, heater, and automation system. The contractor is recommending Jandy equipment. But the Jandy aqualink has been out for several years. Does anyone know if Jandy will be coming out with a newer system? I would hate to put in an aqualink and then become obsolete next year.

I have no idea how to decide between Pentair and Jandy. It seems the contractors around here prefer Jandy.

Your subject line says Pentair IntelliConnect but if you are replacing a Compool system then you want the Pentair IntelliCenter.

I would get the Pentair IntelliCenter. It is modern, modular, software is upgradeable over the air, with built in networking, and there is a growing base of users who have hacked into it to connect with home automation systems and alternative interfaces. It is going through growing pains with Pentair learning to support cloud software.

Contractors like installing Jandy equipment and Jandy gives contractors a better deal then Pentair does. Jandy has pulled all their products from internet sales. See this. And ...

Jandy says at Support | Jandy

Jandy pool equipment is sold exclusively through a nationwide network of qualified pool professionals with the expertise and ability to help pool owners make the best equipment decisions for their individual pool needs. Therefore, we do not provide a Manufacturer’s Warranty on Jandy equipment purchased online through any internet retailer.

While Pentair warranty can be found at...

I like Pentair's products, support, and policies and am moving my equipment to Pentair.

Your subject line says Pentair IntelliConnect but if you are replacing a Compool system then you want the Pentair IntelliCenter.

I would get the Pentair IntelliCenter. It is modern, modular, software is upgradeable over the air, with built in networking, and there is a growing base of users who have hacked into it to connect with home automation systems and alternative interfaces. It is going through growing pains with Pentair learning to support cloud software.

Contractors like installing Jandy equipment and Jandy gives contractors a better deal then Pentair does. Jandy has pulled all their products from internet sales. See this. And ...

Jandy says at Support | Jandy

Jandy pool equipment is sold exclusively through a nationwide network of qualified pool professionals with the expertise and ability to help pool owners make the best equipment decisions for their individual pool needs. Therefore, we do not provide a Manufacturer’s Warranty on Jandy equipment purchased online through any internet retailer.

While Pentair warranty can be found at...

I like Pentair's products, support, and policies and am moving my equipment to Pentair.
Yes, that was a typo. I meant to say intellicenter.

The whole pool industry is such a turnoff. There are so many sharks and anti-competitive behavior.

Also, I just discovered that Jandy is owned by Fluidra, a Spanish company. Fluidra - Wikipedia

Last edited:
My previous house had the Jandy system. I recently upgraded my new pool to the intellicenter. The intellicenter does have a touch screen, but I don't see that as a plus. It's hard to use in the sun and not intuitive. I'd much prefer physical buttons. It does have modern hardware that can take advantage of software upgrades. I hoped the intellicenter would have built in wifi. The external ethernet bridge is a hassle. I'm waiting to see the software become on par with Jandy. I personally find the app experience of jandy much better. The intellicenter app will only let one person log in at a time. This wouldn't be a problem except it doesn't give you a proper error message. It just sits and looks like it's not working. I had a major problem not being able to log into the web portal even though the app worked. It turns out the web portal won't let you use special characters in passwords, the app does let you. The alexa integration of Jandy is limited, but much better than intellicenter. I went all in with Pentair and am regretting it. Maybe one day they will work on their software.. we'll see.

I have the older AquaLink system but it operates my new Pentair IntelliFlo VSF pump (but only in VS or VF mode - not both). A heater can operate under either automation - I also have Pentair MasterTemp heater. I think the key component would be if you are planning to go to SWCG system. That would be critical to decide Jandy or Pentair.
Since you have Jandy, the cost to upgrade may be lower than purchasing a new Pentair IntelliCenter. I have been doing some basic research but some equipment is not available due to shortages so I am on hold till 2022 to move forward.
I am in the same position as you however, I already upgraded filter, heater and pump to all Pentair but have still maintained my older model AquaLink system with a PDA. So my next upgrade is to SWCG and that will determine if I stay with Jandy or go with Pentair automation.
Both have a SWCG to to meet my needs so I am still not decided and continue to read the forum for situations such as yours.

EDIT - Does anyone know if Jandy will be coming out with a newer system?
I did read there is a new Jandy iQ 3.0 but have not found if it is out on the market.

Last edited:
Jandy has valve controllers than can move automated valves in 5% increments. It also has Alexa control. It is not software upgradeable without circuit board changes but that has never really made much difference.

When we moved in about 2 years ago, our house had Aqualink RS with AquaPure daughter board for the SWG and iAqualink 2 Internet connect. The board is afaik the newest rev.

It's been convenient and totally reliable except for two problems that were 100% due to bad installation. A burnt up relay and breaker due to arcing at a loose connection and powdered installation where SWG wiring was installed touching the top of the box in the NC sun. Comparatively easy to fix though.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.