Jandy AquaLink RS4 control board turned off breaker

charitap

May 13, 2020
Coppell, TX
No communication to pool pump and indoor control board. How should I approach to fix it. The pool cleaning guy asking me to replace control panel as relays are short circuited by ants. there are bunch of ants inside the panel. HE gave 1300$ to replace entire control board or $635 to replace 4 relay switches. All this sound too expensive for nothing to me. Will they cost that much?

Put 5 ppm of liquid chlorine in the pool every day and stir it around with your pool brush.

The pool guy told me there is no voltage in two of the 4 relays. Once we replace, if we find out that there is any thing else not working, we might need to replace whole system.

It makes no sense to throw parts at a problem saying if it doesn't work you wasted your money and need to replace the system. If the repair is inexpensive then it may be worth the gamble.

It does not sound like the pool guy has a clue as to what the repair is.

I called another company Petri pools, looks like he came, he didn't press my door bell nor did he call me, he just started the pump in auto and service mode and left. After leaving I got a message saying I need new automation system and he will go over the options in email not even in phone call. Not picking up my phone now. Service call fee $90.

Got a call back from board repair guy you mentioned above. He also just wants the board and check sent to him and not interested in identifying the problem.

He emailed saying the board is dead and you need a new one.
Jandy IQ20-RS AQUALINK RS Upgrade KIT W/ IQ20 Web Connect Device - $1800 + tax. Includes installation.

Since it is working in Auto and service mode, I am thinking to call board repair guy again and send few pictures of board to see if it is really dead and I need new one or if I could get this repaired and get going for another year.
Until then there is another control I can operate manually to stop and start the pump. I can live with this without automation for sometime I guess.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.