Jandy AquaLink Relays

PascagoulaPool

Bronze Supporter
Nov 6, 2019
Pascagoula, MS
Hello,

I am in the process of adding a Stenner pump to inject chlorine into my return. I want to use the AquaLink to run the pump via a relay. I plan on wiring an outlet to the relay and plugging the pump into that outlet. I think I can then set my AquaLink to run the pump for a set number of hours per day to inject the desired amount of chlorine into the return.

I have a total of 8 relays.
I have 1 relay that is not in use.
There is one relay that is connected to the control board at the Solar Pump position that has low voltage wire attached to it.
There are a total of 5 relays that are plugged into the control board in the following positions: PMP, Aux 1, Aux 2, Aux 3, and Aux 4.
PMP is attached to a relay that seems to be wired to the pump
Aux1 looks like it is attached to the Polaris pump
Aux2 is attached to the blower
Aux3 and Aux4 are attached to the Spa and Pool Lights

I have a relay being used as a terminal connection for some reason (the top left relay in the second picture below). It is not plugged in.

The next position available to plug in a relay on the board is Aux 5. However, when I look at the iAquaLink web app (Menu > System Setup > Label Aux) the next Aux available to name is Aux6. Aux5 is already labeled Deck Jets. Please see picture below for current Aux Labels.

Where should I plug in the relay?

Am I correct that I should be able to label the new Aux relay "Chlorine Injector" and use the Schedule feature to have it come on when the pump is running and run for a set number of hours?

Thanks!Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.30.57 AM.pngIMG_5138.jpegScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.33.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.33.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.34.13 AM.png

Last edited:
Well, I went ahead and wired things up the way that I thought it should work and so far so good.

I installed a new electrical box and GFI outlet with waterproof cover. I wired the outlet to the unused relay.

I plugged the unused relay into AUX7 and renamed it Chlorine Pump on the iAquaLink. I thought that I did something wrong when I went to see if I the pump would come on. I plugged it in and flipped the switch on the pump and nothing happened. I then remembered that the outlet was on a relay (duh!) and once I manually turned on the relay the pump came on. I ran the line from the pump outlet to the injector quill that was installed into a Spears 467E-SR PVC clamp on saddle 2" x 1/2" (from Amazon).

I got the 3 gallon per day fixed rate pump (Stenner 45MP with 15 gallon tank, $472 delivered from ChemWorld). This comes out to 0.125 gallons per hour (3 g.p.d. / 24 hrs per day = 0.125 g.p.h.). If I run the pump for 1 hour per day then that is 0.875 gallons per week. The guy at the pool store said that I should have to add about 1 gallon per week this time of year. So, I plan to run the pump for 1 hour per day to get the 0.875 gallons per week. Then I will test periodically and turn the pump on for additional time as needed for additional chlorine. I will be testing at least daily to start. IMG_5232.jpegIMG_5233.jpegIMG_5234.jpeg. I figured that .

Reactions: kimkats
I need to do something similar. I want to control my Stenner acid pump via Jandy AquaLink. Easy enough as I have a spare relay HOWEVER, for obvious reasons I only want the Stenner pump to run when in pool mode (not in Spa mode). So for example, if I schedule the Stenner pump to run periodically throughout the day, I do not want it to run while I am in spa mode even if it is scheduled to run at that particular time. Is this possible?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.