Jacuzzi/Carvin Magnum Force Pump Strainer Basket

gmike09

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
Hello All

I have a Jacuzzi/Carvin Magnum Force pump, and I am unable to remove the strainer basket. It seems to be stuck. I have tried pulling it and rotating it counter-clockwise without any luck. Does anyone else have this pump? If so, how were you able to remove the strainer basket?

Hello Kim

I have turned the pump off when trying to remove the basket. The owners manual says to turn the basket counterclockwise in which I tried without any luck. I'm really stuck on this one. Apparently, looking at other archived post on this site I am not the only one to have this issue. :(

I would take the pump off the equipment so you can turn it over and all around. Get a wire coat hanger or other thin, stiff wire and see if you can dislodge pebbles. That is going to be tough but with some this and that you should be able to get them out.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello All. After waiting a few days to receiving a replacement basket in case I broke my current basket, I went outside and tried to remove the basket for the millionth time. After some pushing and pull, I was finally able to get the strainer basket out. It turns out it was a lot more than pebbles in the strainer, but also a ton of Georgia red clay holding the basket in. I am not sure what exactly loosened the red clay (maybe the borax/muriatic acid combo added this past weekend), but the basket it now out. Not only am I able to clean the basket out better, I think this might also help with an ongoing dirt problem I have been having. Thanks to you all for the help and suggestions. A small donation has been made to troublefreepools.:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.