It's starting to feel pretty real!

I'm adding 1,000 sq ft of deck. I figured I've never heard anyone say "boy I wish I had a smaller deck" so I'm building as big as I have space for.

You will say that........ when it comes time to clean and seal that monster, but it will sure be nice!

I built about 600sq ft. and for weeks I would wake up in the night tired from dreaming I was still driving screws into all that decking.

What are you using for decking? The bundle of advantech left me confused, thats a great subflooring product but not for an exposed deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You will say that........ when it comes time to clean and seal that monster, but it will sure be nice!

I built about 600sq ft. and for weeks I would wake up in the night tired from dreaming I was still driving screws into all that decking.

What are you using for decking? The bundle of advantech left me confused, thats a great subflooring product but not for an exposed deck.

Advantech with outdoor carpeting.

Before you say anything, I know exactly what you're going to say.

I'm sure.. lol

Wow, that looks phenomenal so far! Looks like you're gonna love that when its done being built. Definitely can't let the wife see pics of this or she's gonna be asking me when I'm gonna build her a deck for our pool, which I don't want to do when we're renting a place, lol. Waiting till we buy a house for that one.

Thanks for asking ! Not much today in terms of visible progress. The other day's photos the sheeting was just screwed down by the corners, so in addition to getting ready for my safety gate, building a step, and cutting the rest of the deck sheeting, today was mostly spent installing somewhere around 1,500 screws

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7853.jpg

There's a reason somebody invented a nail gun :laughblue:

Seriously tho, holy poop that's a lot of screws. Hopefully you aren't getting the kind of weather we're getting down here in South Georgia. Can't seem to get a single day without a torrential downpour. I need to bury a conduit for my pools power outlet, however my yard is slowly turning into mud. Seems like before long I'll be able to just push the conduit into the ground instead of digging a trench.

There's a reason somebody invented a nail gun :laughblue:

Seriously tho, holy poop that's a lot of screws. Hopefully you aren't getting the kind of weather we're getting down here in South Georgia. Can't seem to get a single day without a torrential downpour. I need to bury a conduit for my pools power outlet, however my yard is slowly turning into mud. Seems like before long I'll be able to just push the conduit into the ground instead of digging a trench.

I had storms on Friday and it rained last night, but it's been dry.

So is that material waterproof? Are you going to coat it with something? Is the outdoor carpet waterproof?

Its "water resistant ". Advantech flooring is highly technologically advanced OSB that is bound with waterproof resins and has a water repellent treatment on its exterior. The company is very certain to say water resistant not waterproof though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.