Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
...And day and night and so on, until next Wednesday.

My questions:
  • Do I continue testing every day?
  • Do I add chlorine?
  • What about the other parameters?
  • I know to drain water off if it gets too high.
  • Do I run the filter for its usual four hours a day?
  • Do I try to keep the pool balanced during the rain, or not worry about it until it stops raining?
And it was so blue and clear and sparkly...

I would up the pump run time to make sure things are mixed in good and make sure your FC is towards the upper level for you CYA. Your pH will rise due to the rain beating on the pool water. I would check the FC and pH when you can. Know your CYA may be lower when the rain is done due to your having to drain some of the water but I would not test or mess with it until things settle down.

How is the yard around the pool handling the rain?

Kim:kim:

Yard around the pool is just fine. We have a foot deep layer of topsoil in top of Georgia red clay, and drainage is great.

I think the rain is pretty much done; it's cloudy but bright. I tested and here are my results:

FC 8.0
CC 0.0
pH 7.5
TA 100
CH n/a
CYA 20

I'll see what it does this afternoon and tonight before I add anything. Thanks, Kim!

FC was 10 today, still assuming there's 20 ppm CYA. Probably not, because of rain and overflow, but I'm not worrying about it. PoolMath said I was still at SLAM levels, so that's good.

Still cloudy and more rain coming tonight, but not as much as last night. Not much trash in the pool either, which is Also Good. Got Patrick to get my water sample, so he learned a new thing. He's not interested in learning to test, though :pth:

Hurry up Thursday! That's when this system is supposed to be out of here, and I can rebalance my pool and take a pic this time of the gorgeous sparkly blue water!

Isn't it awful? What's particularly bad is how it'll clear up and even be blue skies, but within a couple of hours it's pouring rain again! Right now it's clear and sunny, but the weather says we can expect 1 to 2 inches overnight. :pth: :pth:

I WANT SUNSHINE!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lorri, my best friend go married yesterday. THANK GOODNESS we had a plan b for rain! We sat it all up in the morning and it was oh so pretty but at the same time they were sitting up the tent with pretty lights in side it. Well guess when it started raining......................15 mins before it was to start! I would not let any one go down to the chairs as I could tell it was trying to push in. They grumbled a bit but I was a hero when it started raining and no one got wet!!

It all worked out great and we all had a blast. It quit raining before it got dark so they got to take pics by the pretty gazebo we dressed up so pretty!!

Kim:kim:

Wow, that was a close call! So glad y'all had the tent and everyone stayed dry, especially the bride! Here's wishing them a long and happy marriage!

It hasn't done much except look ugly all day today, but more rain's coming. I swear I'm going to grow webbed toes! o_O

FC down to 6.5 today, added 2c chlorine and brushed to mix. Lots of debris in the bottom, will vacuum tomorrow in a break from the rain. First time I've had to vacuum since the rain started, heavy t'storms last night and today, guess it shook the trees! Water still clear, no green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.