iSwim solar panel repair

tpribors

Aug 2, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
My iSwim solar system is now 8 years old and I'm getting some leaking tubes. So far all of them have been where one of the 1/4" tubes in the field mates to the header. My installer has been out and used to do it for free but the last trip was $200 so this is becoming a DIY project...

Does anyone have a source for the plugs? The online search shows a kit that seems to be generally sourced from Solar Pool Supply but the plugs are tapered. It looks like the ones that they've used in the past are straight.

Any suggestions for the right kit?

Attached is a picture of one of the previous repairs

Thanks!

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 10
The installer (and my neighbor) is going to bring me some. The plugs look different than most. The plugs in the kit you get from "the internet" are tapered and use a straight metal probe to push them into the 1/4" tube. I don't know if the ones he uses use any kind of special tool. My break is at the header and the previous ones cut off the tube and insert into the header so the tapered ones won't work (they depend on backpressure and expansion in the tube to hold them in place. One video on the web actually said to use screws (#8x32?) and I got a call the other day and he suggested the same thing. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.