Issues with water testing and Algae

Splashpad- I have the TF-100. I upped the ante last night and got the pool level high, brought the Chlorine up to about 11. I will check it when I get home today. The pool store said my CYA was 20. My testing has the dot never disappearing... The assumption is 10 and been using FC10- as the Slam mark. That said, I tested Chlorine 30 min later and it help . Its hard because I am adding water, or Chlorine or vacuuming so the water level never stays the same.

I will test tonight, vacuum, and then top off Chlorine. I need to add some stabilizer tonight using the sock method. I also have a couple hundred lb of salt waiting to go in so I can get the SWG fired up and help keep FC up inbetween life events like family and work.

Splashpad- I have the TF-100. I upped the ante last night and got the pool level high, brought the Chlorine up to about 11. I will check it when I get home today. The pool store said my CYA was 20. My testing has the dot never disappearing... The assumption is 10 and been using FC10- as the Slam mark. That said, I tested Chlorine 30 min later and it help . Its hard because I am adding water, or Chlorine or vacuuming so the water level never stays the same.

I will test tonight, vacuum, and then top off Chlorine. I need to add some stabilizer tonight using the sock method. I also have a couple hundred lb of salt waiting to go in so I can get the SWG fired up and help keep FC up inbetween life events like family and work.
Since your pool is blue, you can use PoolMath to raise your to CYA/30 (assume start is CYA/20), better to be under than over with stabilizer ;)

If your CYA measurement is between 30 and 40 then call it 40. You are under SLAM level for 40 so swimming is just fine.

pH is not valid when FC is over 10, but it's probably ok. Check it again when you fall below 10. Typo on the CH? (not that it matters too terribly much) And how did you get a salt of 2700?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.