issues with Safety ledge around perimeter of pool with Dolphin s300

Jul 23, 2017
High Point/NC
So I need some help with my pool cleaner. I am thinking I am going to have to get a different one. I have a safety ledge that runs around my pool as well as a step and seat in the deep end. I recently got the s300 and when it climbs the walls it either gets stuck on the deep end on the seat, or it gets hung up between the safety ledge and the top and then just almost flips backwards into the water. It also doesn't seem to clean very well when on the full cycle. There is still dirt and leaves all on the bottom of my pool and my pool is not that big. I am wondering if there is a vacuum that is like the s300 but maybe doesn't do the water line cleaning? I like the basket feature and really like the vacuum but $800 is a lot for a vacuum that I really can just have do the bottom on a quick cycle.
Thoughts?
IMG_5731.jpgIMG_6715.jpgIMG_2742.jpgIMG_3596.jpg

I don’t see why your cleaner should have a problem with any of that and it should reverse itself on the ledge if it gets stuck.

With the loss of cleanliness and it’s weird behavior on the ledge, I’d bring it in for a service checkup and see if anything needs replacement. Are you still under warranty?

From that first picture, it looks like the robot is too far out of the water. You may need to raise your water level in the pool so that the robot doesn't run itself dry. If the robot is able to pull itself out of the water, the internal pump will lose prime and the robot will shutdown to avoid burning out the motor.

Do you use the App at all? There is a button in the App (looks like a yellow caution triangle with an exclamation mark in it) that will report failures and error. I would think a motor shutdown would send a message to the App.

Gotcha...will try and sit out there with the app open on my phone and see what it says. Just thought maybe I needed to go for a robot that does the sides but not necessarily the water line or something like that.

Also sent an email to maytronics and to the pool company to ask them what they suggest.

Not sure what options are available on the App for the 300 (I have the 300i), but I do use Floor-Only quite a bit. If you have access to Ultra Clean mode, you could try using that. Supposedly it increases the suction power and perhaps that might work better on your pool surface.

Is that a fiberglass pool??

(Updating your signature with pool specs would be very helpful).

Just got the pool built. It is a fiberglass pool. I’m not quite sure what the specs are and how many gallons it is. Will have to ask my pool installer. It is a salt water set up, not sure if that matters or not. It does work with the quick clean settings better but that’s because it doesn’t climb the walls at all. But if that’s the only setting that will work I will return it as $800 for a vacuum that can only do the floors is way too much.

I'm not familiar with your model and can't quite tell from the pic, by my older dolphin m4 has a handle bar with two adjustible floats. The purpose of adjustment is to calibrate how much/high it climbs. If your has something similar, it's worth experimenting.

I would actually be delighted with the floor only option myself...mine rarely needs much else! But the m4 still works like a champ. So app-outfitted control will have to wait for me ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.