Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello,
For the past year or so, I've been having an issue with my lights to where no matter what color I pick via the Zodiac iAqualink app, or manually, the lights will only display green or red. If I choose any variety of blue, yellow, purple, etc.. the lights appear green. I have 4 lights in total, all do the same thing which I'm assuming means it's an issue with the controller. It's a Jandy IQ904P controller and the lights are Jandy Nicheless LED Color Lights. Is it possible the relay went bad? I can hear the clicking sound as it goes through the different colors, but I only get greens, or red when I select red. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

T,

I can't see a relay causing the problem as it is too consistent. That said, it would only take a couple of minutes to swap relays just to make sure. All the relays are the same.

I would also check the wires at the input to light transformer.

Seems to me we have seen something similar. The lights change color based upon the relay sending pulses of AC voltage to the lights. If there is too much electrical noise on the AC already, it can cause things to get confused. Have you made any recent changes to your equipment or wiring?

Try changing the light colors when the pumps are off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Trod760
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to buy a relay to swap out. I haven't made any changes to the electrical circuit that runs the pool equipment. I just tried changing the lights with the pump off, still malfunctioning. I'll tinker with it this weekend. Thanks again.

Ordered the relay, should be here in a few days. This morning I found an old post that claims these lights are known to burn out the blue LEDs frequently. If the relay doesn't fix it, I'm just going to assume the blues burned out. I looked closely at 2 of the lights, and I can indeed see a slight brown color around the LEDs, like they've burned out or starting to burn out. If that is the case, I'm just going to stick with my green lights I guess. Not going to spend all that money to replace, only to have the blues burn out again.

T,

I have a simple white light, mainly because the lifespan of color changing lights is less than a millisecond.. :mrgreen:

Still, I'm surprised that all 4 went out at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welp, wasn't the relay :(
If it turns out I have to swap out the lights, I'll definitely go with just a basic white. Pool pebble is dark blue anyway, so it'll still have a blue tint to it. Just find it really strange that the blue would burn out on all 4 bulbs simultaneously. Thanks for your help.

T,

All 4 lights have to be connected together at a junction box somewhere. If this were my pool, I would disconnect all lights at the junction box and then just connect one light at a time and see what you get. Not sure how, but maybe one bad light is somehow affecting the others. Worth a shot anyway.

Jim R.

T,

All 4 lights have to be connected together at a junction box somewhere. If this were my pool, I would disconnect all lights at the junction box and then just connect one light at a time and see what you get. Not sure how, but maybe one bad light is somehow affecting the others. Worth a shot anyway.

Jim R.
No luck. Disconnected 1 by one, stayed the same green everytime. Only thing left to try would be swapping out the transformer. Runs about $100.

If / when the time comes to swap out the lights, the entire cable has to swapped, right? not just the bulbs.

T,

I can't see the transformer causing the problem but replacing it would be much cheaper than even one light.

I don't know the answer to your question about the cable. I believe that it makes a difference depending on the specific lights that you have.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.