Issue with communication with Easy Touch (Model 2 I believe) replacement indoor wired panel and Intelliflo 4x160 pump.

riverlvr

Apr 1, 2020
san diego
So here is the issue. I have just replaced my Easy Touch Mobile remote (version 1 ?) that came with pool install in 2005 with I9 outdoor panel. Remote finally died and I replaced with a new old stock indoor hard wired control panel (version 2 I believe) that I purchased in a sealed package off ebay. Installed and hardwired and fired up and it picked up my data and settings from the I9 memory and all appeared to work well. Only issue is that it does not see, nor did it add the Inteliflo 4x160 info to the screen. When you look for the pump screen it does not identify the Intelliflo pump nor pump data like my remote used to, (I.E speed, watts used, rpm settings for equipment speeds etc.) . Pump functions are normal, timer works, speeds that it had for spa, pool, solar etc are functional I just don't have data nor am I able to change speeds/set speeds as before. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Hey Riverlvr,
Welcome! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to assume that you meant "Mobile Touch 1 remote", since you said you've got an i9 outdoor panel (which is an intellitouch with an i9 personality board). The Easytouch remote will have an FCC-ID of "P4HEASYTOUCH" or "P4HEASYTOUCH2A" (for v2) on the back.

Whichever system you actually have - Intellitouch or Easytouch - my suggestion is to let us know what firmware is running on the indoor and outdoor units. It's possible that the indoor panel you've got doesn't have support for intelliflo. The master readme.rtf in the Pentair firmware update lists what features were added throughout all the revisions, I'm happy to check it once we know what system type and firmware version you've got.

Tom

One other thing... if the old remote you have looks like this:

MobileTouch-1.jpg

...then it is in fact a MobileTouch1, in which case - depending on what was wrong with the old one - you can take it apart and swap the main board (the one the LCD connects to) with the one from your "new" indoor controller. They're exactly the same, and it sounds like your old remote showed you the right pump info.

Yes it is that remote. The communication between the I9 and the remote was getting sketchy. I.E. pumps coming on by themselves, two pieces of equipment turning on when only one commanded etc. Also the battery was dead so had to leave it plugged in all the time. That being said I have pitched it. I will get the firmware #s for you in a bit.

Thanks

OK, according to the labels the outdoor is 1130, and the indoor was lowered from 1070 to 1051... let's just make sure the labels are correct.

Go to Menu > Setup > Advanced. And once there, press the 2nd and 4th button from the left (on the bottom row) at the same time. If you do it right, it will bring you to a Service Screen. If it goes back to the main screen, try it again... it can be a pain. Once at the service screen, select "System Version Info". It'll list the software rev on the indoor (uic) and outdoor (uoc) controllers.

(I thought that intelliflo was added in 1060 or 1070 but I can't find reference to it in the firmware release notes... they start at 1050 and the earliest mention is that some intellflo fixes were made in 1080)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oh man... that's got the service panel (aka trainer) firmware on it. Those firmware's are identified by the "T" prefix. You can still use it, but it just means that every time it powers up it will re-load the settings from the outdoor board. Not a deal breaker since it should be powered up all the time anyway.

I can't find a definitive answer to when intelliflo was added - but then again the firmware release notes don't list the Trainer versions, and don't have anything listed for 1051 at all. But I would guess that updating the firmware on that panel would fix you up.

Hah, thanks Jim!

You need special software and a device programmer to update the firmware... I usually tell people to call a local Pentair dealer and see if they'll come out and do it (I think the Leslie's where I live can). If that doesn't yield results, there's a thread on TFP about diy firmware updates... and there may be some folks here who can do it for you.

What's odd is that your outdoor controller firmware is reported as "T-.130" when we expected "1130", but that could just be the trainer firmware reporting the version incorrectly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.