Is this SWG any good?

Stylez78

Apr 16, 2023
Long Island, NY
So I was at a local store tonight buying LC. I want to go with a SWG system but I wasn't ready to drop $1500 give or take this season, figured wait till next season and make the jump. Local store had a sale on their SWG system, it was called Salt Ways and said it came with a titanium cell. It came in a 25k or 40k option for either $399 or $499 which sounds too good to be true. Googling pretty much brings nothing up about this system no info, no specs nothing. Wondering if anyone heard of this brand, and what would be something to look for to check and see if this is a bad or not good system? Cause I cannot lie I am tempted at that price and just wondering how crappy it could be (because I don't know what I don't know hence why I asking you pros!)

You get what you pay for with generic SWGs. I've read that they typically don't have as much quality rare earth minerals which is why they're so affordable

Check out this thread:

Edit: The thread isn't about the Salt Ways brand, but buying generic

Reactions: Stylez78
There are many Chinese knockoffs and clones of SWGs on the market.

In my view the SWG is too important to the health of your pool to go questionable quality.

If you get it watch it like a hawk.

I certainly appreciate the feedback, I guess that is what I was trying to find out or get info on what to look out for, like the Cell might be cheap quality, or the options are very limited and it can't do X or Y. I certainly do not want to waste $500 for garbage to replace it with a quality one. It was just very intriguing and the store is a huge local place (albeit with a terrible reputation for their installers being awful!) It probably is best to stay away and just wait till next year and get a good one.

This came up a couple weeks ago also. The store has been known for generic everything since ever. My buddy bought a intelliflo clone there and it had no markings or labels whatsoever.

This came up a couple weeks ago also. The store has been known for generic everything since ever. My buddy bought a intelliflo clone there and it had no markings or labels whatsoever.
That’s a high end salt cell, works with ANY filter 😎

• Haha
Reactions: jamesey and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.