Peezy

Jul 28, 2016
Lexington/Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Like clockwork 24 hours after vacuuming I will have a small pile of pollen/dirt/algae or whatever it is in the very center of my pool. Very day it gets worse and after 4
or 5 days the bottom of the pool is really bad. The picture I took is after vacuuming part of it.
I’m confident it isn’t mustard algae because it starts in full sun and I have nothing on my walls. My fc typically drops between 2-4 ppm in 24 hours during hot sunny days. Could it be pollen? As you can see in the other pic there is a large field just behind me that is overgrown.
I was using a skimmer sock and it didn’t seem to help although was collecting what seemed like pollen. It was kind of a gelatinous substance coating the entire insides of it.
Cya30
CC 0
FC was 3 24 hours after raising it to 6

Attachments

• AA4146AF-3A5E-4872-AAF3-4FE109D1EB6D.jpeg
    AA4146AF-3A5E-4872-AAF3-4FE109D1EB6D.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 35
  • F8648E4F-88CD-4BB7-9ECB-D0735976675E.jpeg
    F8648E4F-88CD-4BB7-9ECB-D0735976675E.jpeg
    693.5 KB · Views: 34
Hey Peezy !! As Pat said above, anytime you think something is off, Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If you can prove that there is no algae bloom waiting to explode, we can take a whole week to figure out what else it might be with no harm done.

My $.02 is that it’s well beyond pollen season. But. You’re in Indiana and it’s mighty open and green in your backdrop. What are the farmers doing right now ? Mine are starting to switch crops and are blowing up all kinds of farm dust which will look and feel just like both pollen and algae.

I have 0 chlorine loss overnight. This has been a consistent problem all summer so far. I’ve never had to vacuum so much. I don’t think it’s mustard because it stays off the walls. My pool gets full sun and it starts in the very center. I guess it’s either dead algae, pollen or dirt but it does seem like a lot for pollen.

I put new sand in about 1 month ago. I have noticed the filter pressure hardly ever increases but when I do backwash there is plenty of dirty water that comes out so that makes me think that it’s working.
I’m experimenting with de. I put in 1/2 cup and after about 2 hours the pressure was so high the jet had almost no flow. This time I put in 1/4 cup and after a couple hours the flow had decreased but still had decent flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.