Is this normal quartz plaster discoloration?

Cs80727

Aug 3, 2020
San Antonio
We’ve had our pool for 2.5 months now, and the discoloration of the blue plaster on the sun shelf and the steps doesn’t appear to be getting any better. The PB told me that after a couple of months of brushing, it’d clear up and normalize, but it doesn’t appear to be changing at all. This is my first pool, so curious if this is normal for a colored quartz plaster, or if I have a bigger issue.

When you feel the surface of the plaster in these spots, it feels a lot smoother than the surrounding areas, almost as if it’s just slightly built up.

Thanks!

Yes, pretty much from what I remember..He had me drop the PH down to 6.8 and then said add 2 more gallons and I finally said NO your going to burn my equipment up :)
Few days later he said the plaster company said it needs acid washing..Biggest hassle is draining and having to refill and pay for water and chemicals but it helped a lot..
My issue was I eliminated a PB and hired a "plaster guy" which saved me money but also lost some cust service

If nothing else make the PB pay for chemicals to re balance it again.

Reactions: Cs80727
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.