Is this mustard algae?

Looks like biofilms/scum. Maybe from sunscreen, body oils etc.
what’s your latest test results?
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Salt

Has it been a while since you last cleaned the filter?
It looks slimy in the picture - can you confirm?
If not slimy you may try putting a little drop of Muriatic acid on it and see if it fizzles to determine if it might be calcium.

Has it been a while since you last cleaned the filter?
It looks slimy in the picture - can you confirm?
If not slimy you may try putting a little drop of Muriatic acid on it and see if it fizzles to determine if it might be calcium.
I have cleaned my filter a decent amount because I keep loosing filter pressure and the heater won’t turn on. My CSI is high and the app always says scaling likely. It honestly felt more like silicon lube texture that I use for the o ring.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I have cleaned my filter a decent amount because I keep loosing filter pressure and the heater won’t turn on. My CSI is high and the app always says scaling likely. It honestly felt more like silicon lube texture that I use for the o ring.
Hopefully that was just leftover lubricant & general gunk.

Increased cya & maintaining a little lower ph will assist in reducing csi
You can also consider adding borates to assist & help prevent scaling of your swcg.
You can play around with the numbers to see what would result in a lower csi by hitting the csi overview card in
PoolMath
Frequent cleaning of your cell with acid will reduce its lifespan so its best to manage the water to reduce/eliminate the need to aggressively clean the cell.
Why do you have such a high ch?
Are you adding calcium/calcium comtaining products?
What’s the ch of your fill water?
Your current ch is manageable but you don’t really need to go much higher.

Hopefully that was just leftover lubricant & general gunk.

Increased cya & maintaining a little lower ph will assist in reducing csi
You can also consider adding borates to assist & help prevent scaling of your swcg.
You can play around with the numbers to see what would result in a lower csi by hitting the csi overview card in
PoolMath
Frequent cleaning of your cell with acid will reduce its lifespan so its best to manage the water to reduce/eliminate the need to aggressively clean the cell.
Why do you have such a high ch?
Are you adding calcium/calcium comtaining products?
What’s the ch of your fill water?
Your current ch is manageable but you don’t really need to go much higher.
My PH has finally been easier to maintain since I am just past 1 year of new plaster. I am definitely not trying to increase by CH. My fill water has a CH of 450. I am usually around 475, so not sure why it got up to 525.

My PH has finally been easier to maintain since I am just past 1 year of new plaster. I am definitely not trying to increase by CH. My fill water has a CH of 450. I am usually around 475, so not sure why it got up to 525.
That explains it—> Evaporation.
The water evaporates but the calcium stays behind then you add more high ch water & the ch level of the pool rises.
Try to take advantage of the rain to fill the pool instead of your high ch water when you can.
Consider adding/using a softened line to top up the pool with if you have a water softener.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.