Is this mustard algae

Kalannar

May 23, 2020
St. Petersburg/florida
I am in the process of slamming my pool following the advice in the pool school section and was reading through the other articles and came upon one on mustard algae. While reading I start to think about the stuff I thought was pollen. So I took a pic of it to see if anyone thinks it is mustard algae. If so I will do the part in the article to bring up the chlorine to kill it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210210_161719.jpg
    20210210_161719.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 84
Does it brush off? If not, you might try vitamin C tablets in a sock on it. Water in parts of Florida is known to have iron in it.

Then you should follow the SLAM Process. Once you have passed the three criteria for a successful SLAM, you raise the FC to Mustard Algae level for 24 hours. And then maintain a higher minimum FC for a period of time to see if the MA has been eradicated.

Read Mustard Algae - Trouble Free Pool

There is no option for Mustard Algae FC in Poolmath. There is a chart in the linked article.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.