whiter0se

Aug 2, 2022
NYC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am still having trouble finding which household bleach is usable in pools. As far as I know, we are not supposed to use anything that has any scents or “splashless”.
I’ve managed to find this. 6x81oz bottles for $40.

Are these safe? What about 90% of the “other ingredients”

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 22
Note that Clorox bleach is 7.5% chlorine when you enter it into PoolMath

Many of us are using 10% or 12.5% liquid chlorine.

The 7.5% and only 2/3 of a gallon jug makes it expensive. You are paying over $10/gallon of 7.5% chlorine.

If you can hop over the GWB I can tell you where you can load up on 12.5% chlorine at around $8/gallon in NJ.

If you can hop over the GWB I can tell you where you can load up on 12.5% chlorine at around $8/gallon in NJ.

But not on Sundays because nothing is open on Sundays in NJ … and you’re not allowed to pump your own gas … or make left-hand turns.

I am still having trouble finding which household bleach is usable in pools. As far as I know, we are not supposed to use anything that has any scents or “splashless”.
I’ve managed to find this. 6x81oz bottles for $40.

Are these safe? What about 90% of the “other ingredients”
Try “chlorinating liquid” at Walmart or home
Depot/Lowe’s. Should be much cheaper.

I am still having trouble finding which household bleach is usable in pools.
Pure liquid chlorine is available at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc., at a fraction of that price. Do you have access to these stores where you live?

Reactions: JamesW
I was just at Woodbridge Walmart over the weekend. Brought 6 gallons of 10% chlorine. I just found those Clorox bleaches and thought about having those as backup. If not then might as well use them for laundry and other cleaning around the house/yard.

But if you can please let me know where I can get 12.5% chlorine, I'd appreciate it. I don't mind a drive to Jersey after-hours when the price gouging bridges are 'off-peak' pricing.

But not on Sundays because nothing is open on Sundays in NJ … and you’re not allowed to pump your own gas … or make left-hand turns.
This is funny because as a New Yorker whenever I need to fill up in Jersey I always get yelled at by the gas station attendants for filling up my own gas.

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
This is funny because as a New Yorker whenever I need to fill up in Jersey I always get yelled at by the gas station attendants for filling up my own gas.

I grew up in NY and lived in NYC for over 10 years. Going over the GWB was not something I hoped to do regularly (I’m more of a Throgs Neck Bridge kind of guy). And, as a child of NYC parents growing up we were always taught to drive around NJ whenever possible (except to buy tax-free clothing) because if you ever missed your exit, you’d have to drive all the way to Pennsylvania to turn around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.