Is this a copper stain?

scchan1w

Mar 6, 2019
Fremont, CA
Just had my pool replastered and it's been filled 4 days ago. I didn't add any sequestering agent as I though my fill water was low in minerals (and hence metal). But I'm noticing some light green stains showing up. I don't think it's algae as the water temperature is probably mid 50s - I didn't add chlorine until day 3, but FC was around 0.5 to 1.0 in my fill water. I raised FC to 3 to 4 yesterday and I think the stains are lighter now, but they don't brush off. I have GLB Sequa-Sol, wondering if I should add it now. Should have maybe added it during the fill but wasn't sure if it would do more harm than good. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• Untitled copy.jpg
    Untitled copy.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 42
Try Vitamin C. A couple tabs in a sock and set on it.

Could there me a metal fleck that got there? I assume you did not abalone.

You might still try the Vitamin C trick. Just to see if it is iron or not.

Copper stains do not present themselves like that. And it would have taken a lot of copper (such as running very acidic water through a heater for a long time) to get enough copper in your pool right after a replaster.

Sequestrant keeps metals in solution. They will not help you once the metal has been deposited as stain on the surface.

I doubt that metals in water will get deposited on the pool surface in 4 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.